This weekend, our studio companies will perform a new swing and tap number, “Saturday Night Fish Fry”, in concert with Jodi Benson, the voice of the Little Mermaid. After our joint rehearsal last night, one of our Rehearsal Directors posted this fantastic reminder note to Facebook. I thought I’d share it with all of you for a little “inside look” at what exciting Studio Company life is like when preparing for a concert!
Parents of company members, be sure to read this entire thing – there are action items for you!
Love, Miss Sarah
Saturday: Tech Rehearsal (estimated 10:00am-12:00pm)
- Arrive no later than 10 am in full makeup and costume. Enter through the front door.
- MAKEUP: more than daily, but suitable to stage size (so not outrageous)
- HAIR: cops – bun to fit underneath hat, ladies – half up with bangs off face, ‘guys’ – up underneath hat
- SHOES: cops – black jazz shoes, Crunchies – tap shoes with black laces
- COSTUMES: wear nude tights and black booty shorts under dresses/skirts.
- OTHER: bring your own bobby pins, hairspray, Advil, band aids, etc. You need to take care of yourself! Crunchies remember to pack screwdrivers.
- Don’t make plans right afterwards, the rehearsal may run late.
- DO NOT put your hands on your hips at any point during the tech rehearsal. DO NOT yawn. If you yawn you will have to buy Miss Sarah the most expensive coffee Starbucks has to offer. Also, look happy, pleasant, and excited to be a part of the show at all times! 🙂
Sunday: 3:00pm and 7:00pm shows!
- Enter through the stage door (at the back of the building). Find Miss Sarah in the dressing room area and check in.
- Arrive NO LATER than 2:30pm (2:00 recommended arrival time for limited stress). Miss Sarah will be there at 1:30. The first show is at 3:00pm.
- Act like you are a part of Jodi Benson‘s team. Act professionally at all times – she should comment on how professional we were.
- We will be eating dinner downtown State College AS A GROUP.* We will be walking to Panera to eat when we are finished after the 3:00 show, then returning to the State Theater by 6:00 for the 7:00 show. You can leave your stuff in the State Theater dressing room. After we perform in the 7:00 show, you are free to either leave or stay in the dressing room for the remainder of the show.
*IMPORTANT: You need to bring a signed note from your parents to class Wednesday or Thursday of this week stating the following exactly:
My child (Your Name) has my permission to leave the State Theater with Sarah Mason for supper. In case of emergency, you may contact me at (appropriate phone #).
Your parent’s signature
It is absolutely vital that you bring this note in tomorrow or Thursday (when you next have class).
And last but certainly not least: GET PUMPED for this great performance opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!